My practice in the field of criminal law is motivated by a fundamental desire for equal treatment of all under the law and the protection of human and civil rights. I have repeatedly witnessed the effect of unjust treatment on criminal suspects, and know that just one bad decision by a law enforcement official can devastate a client’s career, family and freedom. My firm has the privilege of having successfully represented many people unjustly accused of serious crimes.
I have a long standing passion for criminal law, human rights issues, and politics, all of which are relevant to the practice of Interpol Red Notice defense. While few attorneys have experience with successfully challenging Red Notices, I do.
The Red Notice Law Journal exists to provide information, support, and a forum for conversations between people whose lives are affected by Red Notices, their attorneys, and those who study Red Notices and related matters. I began this blog after noticing that there was an absence of thorough discussion of Red Notices, especially challenges to Red Notices, in the general media and on the internet specifically.
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers Miami Chapter, Vice President, 2018-2019 term
- Women’s White Collar Crime Defense Association
- Dade County Bar Association
- 2018: Rodney Thaxton “Against All Odds” Award, given by the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. This honor is awarded to a criminal defense attorney who has chosen to represent an especially difficult or unpopular client or cause, and while doing so, epitomizes the heart and spirit of criminal defense, which is the courage to stand apart as the last champion of Liberty.
- 2015: Legal Elite lawyer, Florida Trend
- 2013: President’s Award of the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers-Miami Chapter: awarded for leadership role in statewide litigation to protect indigents’ right to effective counsel.
- 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018: AVVO rated superb
- 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017: Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016: Outstanding and Constructive Service as Contributing author, Dade County Bar Association
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers,
I have provided expert testimony or professional support on INTERPOL matters for the following organizations:
- Al Jazeera
- Ankara Anatolia news agency
- Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
- Channel 4 Dispatches/U.K.
- Fair Trials, International
- Foreign Policy
- Freie Presse
- The Heritage Foundation
- National Geographic
- Open Dialog Foundation
- TCI News Now
- Thomson Reuters
- New York Times
- The Times of London
- Stetson University College of Law, Juris Doctor, 1995
- The Florida State University , Bachelor of Arts, Criminology and Psychology, 1992
- United States Federal Bar: 1996
- Florida Bar: 1995